- The oceanic whitetip shark.
- A piranha feeding frenzy, being filmed while the cameraman was actually in the water.
- Arctic wolf hunt filmed from a helicopter.
- Starving lions attacking and killing an elephant in the dead of night.
- Lechuguilla Cave in New Mexico, U.S.
- Amur leopard mother and cub in the Primorye region of Russia.
- Bactrian camels in the Gobi desert in Mongolia eating snow to keep from getting dehydrated.
- "The highest-ever aerial footage of Mount Everest and the Karakoram."
- African wild dog hunt filmed from a helicopter.
10. A snow leopard hunting a markhor in Pakistan.
The snow leopards are another one of my favorite animals, but due to their elusive nature, they are very difficult to capture on film. Much more difficult than they are for poachers to capture them, anyhow. Hunting in large part for their fur has greatly reduced the wild population, forcing the IUCN to list them as "Endangered."
|An absolutely gorgeous picture thingy that was created by the people from Florida's Big Cat Rescue|
|The chart. The Shallow Seas episode, with the |
Planet Earth Diaries about the great white shark hunts, is filmed by Big Car Diary co-host Simon King.
Planet Earth Diaries: Snow Leopard Quest Part 2
Below is another fascinating video of the snow leopard: the first ever snow leopard/markhor hunt recorded on film. SPOILER ALERT: and don't you worry you animal lovers out there; the video has a happy ending for the markhor, but not so for the snow leopard.
First Ever Snow Leopard/Markhor Hunt